Precautions for COVID-19 at Weller Haus
Along with everyone else, we are watching the COVID-19 situation as it evolves. Each passing day brings new developments, but our top priority remains the health and well-being of every guest that visits our property. We take this situation seriously and want to update you on everything we are doing to ensure your safety while you are here with us.
- In addition to our already high standards of cleaning for all guest rooms and common areas of the B&B, we’re investing in increased labor hours daily for additional deeper cleaning.
- All team members have been educated on the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and are required to stay home if they are feeling ill, have symptoms of respiratory infection or feel they have come in contact with someone who may have been exposed.
- Every guest room and common area is supplied with hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes and will continue to be as long as we can find them available in stores.
- In-room breakfast service will be the only option available until further notice, in order to maintain social distancing and not have anyone potentially exposed within the close confines of our dining room.
- If you prefer for us not to serve you breakfast, we offer that option as well.
- We will offer only the “self check-in” option for your check-in at the property until further notice.
- Our staff is only here during the hours of 10:30 a.m to 3:00 pm (except me) so you will not be coming in close proximity to anyone during your stay.
- If you are here during a multiple night stay, we will not enter your room for a “tidy” unless requested. We will ask that you set your breakfast dishes outside of your suite so we can pick them up and provide you with new ones.
- Our kitchen facilities and equipment receive a very thorough cleaning and sanitizing daily as required by the Northern Kentucky Health Department.
New Reservations Booked Beginning April 3, 2020
Since March of 2020 we have waived our policies regarding cancellations and changes as a result of the COVID pandemic. Non-refundable rates have been issued gift certificates and refunds have been issued to customers even when the arrival date has been in late summer and early fall due to COVID uncertainty. We have exceeded industry standards in our offers but now find that we must put in place a new policy for future bookings.
For bookings where the booking date (NOT arrival date) is April 3, 2020 or later , the following policies will apply:
- All new reservations that are booked for an arrival in the month of April 2020 will follow the refund policy dictated by the rate you choose at the time of booking. We are in the middle of a pandemic and everyone is aware of the restrictions placed by your state of residence. As a business in Kentucky, we are permitted to be open but we ask that you be aware of your own personal situation. You will be assuming the risk of making a booking in the midst of a pandemic.
- All reservations made for arrivals May 1 and forward will follow the refund policy dictated by the rate that you choose at the time of booking. The exception to this would be if the current “shelter in place” order is extended (must be verifiable) to include the dates you have booked for your stay. For example, if you book a stay for May 10 and the announcement comes to “shelter in place” through May 15 (after you have booked your reservation), your reservation will be available for the flexible policy of receiving a gift certificate for non-refundable rates and for the standard rate when your arrival is 13 days or less in advance.
- If you have booked the Standard Rate and a “shelter in place order” is extended when your reservation is 14 days or more away, a refund will be available. We will continue to hold your reservation for you and process the refund on the original scheduled arrival date–this will allow for you to use the reservation in the event that things change and orders are lifted.
- If your stay has been booked prior to April 3, 2020 and in conjunction with a major event in the area–i.e, the Garth Brooks Concert, Macy’s Music Festival, Bunbury Festival, Taste of Cincinnati, etc., it will be your responsibility to call us to change your arrival date to coincide with the new dates of the event. ALL of these events are currently OUTSIDE of the COVID “shelter in place” dates. If we have rooms available on the new date, your reservation can be changed with no penalty regardless of the rate you have booked. If there are no rooms available, we will issue you a gift certificate toward a future stay.
- All current cancellation policies will stand for NON-COVID-19 cancellations. Any COVID-19 cancellations must be verifiable.
We Are Open For Business
Weller Haus will continue to remain open and maintain our normal operating hours until we have been advised that it is no longer safe to operate. Currently, we are considered an “essential business” in the state of Kentucky.
If you are a health care professional, we’d like to THANK YOU for everything you are doing for our country every day. If there are any health care professionals that may need a place to stay due to a long-term assignment at one of our local hospitals, please contact us directly. We’d love to be able to assist you with accommodations. We have three of five of our guest rooms that have private entrances where you can fully maintain physical distancing.
If you have booked an event with us, we are currently looking 2-3 weeks forward. Currently, Governor Beshear has banned all gatherings, so any Event scheduled for April 2020 is eligible to be rebooked for a future date. Please contact us directly regarding your event.
While you may currently not have a pending reservation with us, know that we are here to provide a relaxing, private respite from what’s happening in our country today.
We also know that cancelled travel plans are extremely disappointing and it would be our pleasure to host you as a “staycationer” should you decide to plan a local getaway. We will continue to offer our extremely discounted “Spring Forward Rates” throughout March and into April with rates ranging from $129-$169 per night. You can ONLY book these rates directly on our website.
We wish you and your family good health and a rapid return to “life as it should be” as quickly as possible.