Precautions for COVID-19 at Weller Haus
The safety and well being of our guests and staff are of the utmost priority at Weller Haus. As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and statements from the CDC, we want to make you aware of the measures implemented to safeguard everyone at our facility.
What We Can Do For Guests and Have Done
- In addition to our already high standards of cleaning for all guest rooms and common areas of the B&B, we’re investing in increased labor hours daily for additional deeper cleaning and sanitizing.
- All team members have been educated on the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and are required to stay home if they are feeling ill, have symptoms of respiratory infection or feel they have come in contact with someone who may have been exposed.
- We request that guests who are not feeling well to change their reservation and will ask you to kindly leave our property if you are showing symptoms of illness.
- We are asking all staff to increase hand-washing and would like to ask that you do the same while you are here.
- In-room breakfast service will be the only option available until further notice, in order to maintain social distancing and not have anyone potentially exposed within the close confines of our dining room. The only exception to this will be families traveling together that have booked multiple rooms.
- If you prefer for us not to serve you breakfast, we offer that option as well.
- We will offer only the “self check-in” option for your check-in at the property until further notice.
- Our staff is only here during the hours of 10:30 a.m to 3:00 pm (except me) and only when they are needed to clean a room. Therefore, you will not be coming in close proximity to anyone during your stay.
- If you are here during a multiple night stay, we will not enter your room for a “tidy”. We will ask that you set your breakfast dishes outside of your suite so we can pick them up and provide you with new ones. Additional instructions for multiple night stay guests will be left in your rooms.
- Our kitchen facilities and equipment as well as our guest kitchen receive a very thorough cleaning and sanitizing daily as required by the Northern Kentucky Health Department.
What We Cannot Do
- Provide dining room service except for families travelling together in multiple rooms.
- Provide in-room housekeeping services during a guest stay. We will leave information in your suite about obtaining the items you may need during your stay.
- Allow employees to come to work or guests stay at our property if they are ill or have had direct contact with someone who is ill.
- Stay open if we cannot safely do so
- Break the law and have more than 10 people at our property –currently through June 30.
- Guarantee a totally CoronaVirus-Free environment. We are exceeding all protocols required for our establishment, but like every other public location, we cannot guarantee that everyone walking through the door is COVID19-free. Everyone who comes on-site does so at their own risk.
New Reservations Booked Beginning April 3, 2020
Since March of 2020 we have waived our policies regarding cancellations and changes as a result of the COVID pandemic. Non-refundable rates have been issued gift certificates and refunds have been issued to customers even when the arrival date has been in late summer and early fall due to COVID uncertainty. We have exceeded industry standards in our offers but now find that we must put in place a new policy for future bookings.
For bookings where the booking date (NOT arrival date) is April 3, 2020 or later , the following policies will apply:
- All reservations made for arrivals May 1 and forward will follow the refund policy dictated by the rate that you choose at the time of booking. The exception to this would be if the current “shelter in place” order is extended (must be verifiable) to include the dates you have booked for your stay. For example, if you book a stay for May 10 and the announcement comes to “shelter in place” through May 15 (after you have booked your reservation), your reservation will be available for the flexible policy of receiving a gift certificate for non-refundable rates and for the standard rate when your arrival is 13 days or less in advance.
- If you have booked the Standard Rate and a “shelter in place order” is extended when your reservation is 14 days or more away, a refund will be available. We will continue to hold your reservation for you and process the refund on the original scheduled arrival date–this will allow for you to use the reservation in the event that things change and orders are lifted.
- If your stay has been booked prior to April 3, 2020 and in conjunction with a major event in the area–i.e, the Garth Brooks Concert, Macy’s Music Festival, Bunbury Festival, Taste of Cincinnati, etc., it will be your responsibility to call us to change your arrival date to coincide with the new dates of the event. ALL of these events are currently OUTSIDE of the COVID “shelter in place” dates. If we have rooms available on the new date, your reservation can be changed with no penalty regardless of the rate you have booked. If there are no rooms available, we will issue you a gift certificate toward a future stay. We will only issue refunds for these types of events if you have booked our standard rate and the event is more than 14 days in advance of your phone call.
- If you have booked an event with us, we are monitoring it daily. Currently, Governor Beshear has banned all gatherings, so any Event scheduled through June 2020 is eligible to be rebooked for a future date or to receive a gift certificate.
- Any Events that are scheduled where you are inside of your cancellation date and if the cancellation relates to a COVID19 situation, you are eligible for a gift certificate that can be used at a future date for the Event Center or for any of our guest rooms. There are no refunds for Event Center bookings that are inside the cancellation window stated on your contract.
- All current cancellation policies will stand for NON-COVID-19 cancellations. Any COVID-19 cancellations must be verifiable.
As always, we appreciate your business and it is through the support of our guests that small businesses like Weller Haus flourish. We miss all of our guests tremendously and we will continue to offer you a safe and comfortable place to enjoy a getaway.